Wednesday, May 17, 2006

"Sidney"

Well that was one hell of a night, day.... two maybe? More or less started Monday morning when I got up to go smoke with Joe at about 10 or so in the morning. Came home that day at around 1 cleaned my rooms and tried to study a little for my final. At 6 I went and took my final and by 6:45 or so I was drinking with Joe Kristen Bob Jess Al and Chris at Joe's house. Parents still gone for another 5 days or so the week started off right. We drank till about 2anfd I got a ride home from Chris. In the morning I went for a job interview and looked for a job elsewhere at a nursery, then by 2ish I was back at Joes drinking and playing MLB 2K6. Tuesday we wanted a little more than beer and weed though so we got Andy, Bob and a 10 strip and all did 2 and a half tabs each. Bugging out for what seemed like an eternity the 4 of us were a mess in Joes living room. Trying to play the game we would totally forget the remote was in our hand and let the players start to run off in any random direction being entertained by the video stimulation without caring if the game was actually being played. I felt as if I could slow down the game play, I could see every possible reaction that the computer could have made for each movement, Icould hear the announcers choosing between their predesignated audio responces and I could see the cells and the information in the game stream into each pixel in the screen. It was amazing. All this time Joe was about the house making a mess and breaking things in a cartoonish fashion, Bob seemed lost I was stuck in visual games with the wall and trees outside as well as the TV and Andy who took the least seemed rather normal, at least as far as I could tell. I tried to be the one to get things somewhat logically working but thatdidnt work, we had to wait for someone sober to intervene in this mess or we would have all been lying in our own filth by the end of the night. Kristen finally showed up by what seemed at the time to be at least 12 hours after we had done the cid. In actuallity after she had dropped me off and I had gone about my bugging out trying to sleep or watch the game or whatever was going through my mind phase it was still only 10-1 PM we had only taken the tabs 6 hours before, all the time pausing and slow motion I sence while im on acid made it feel even longer than a trip than ussual. I ended up cleaning up after the dogs, throwing up violently, watching the end of the Mets gam, listening to some music and lying in bed till 5:30 in the morning going through crazy mind games concerning my situation in life inclusing my job status, helping my mom out around the house more, and the general fact that the human population is overhwleming the earth. We as a species do not find the easiest route to solve a problem and stick with it, we concieve 6 different ways to come up wigth the same solution than depending on social and economic favour each individual canchoose for themselves how to solve a certain problem. For instance, Verizon and Optimum and Dish TV's competition. Each of these services bring TV, internet, and phone, so why do we have to have every company run wires down our streets that clog our air space, and in my opinion just make the world look messy. You look at a telephone pole and you can see a dozen different lines running down it, what the hell are they for?! Electricity and phone only need one wire each but no each company has to run a different line and then when something like fiberoptics comes out they have to run new wires, and to the best of my knowledge just leave the old ones there. Sure this is the basis of our economic structure, having competition, but wouldnt it be so much of a releif on our planet and our minds if we didnt have to make menial decision on what cable provider to choose from when their are questions of how to feel nations worth of starving children? Obviously here is a most advantageous way to go about recieving television in your home, I think we should choose one and go with it. This is of course a metaphore for almost everything in life. It just crosed my mind that without this presence of competition then their would be much less technological advance, but then again if we have a set standard in place that works positivly for all involved why should we need upgrades in technology and general human advancement at such a high rate? This is such a touch topic for me to discuss because now I hit on the notion that complacency leads to a lack of creative and intuitive thinking. If we have one solid wayof doing things like recycling, traveling, and transfering electronic data than there would be no need for people to struggle and persevere and find answers to tough questions. However given this chance to stop worrying about a "tough" decision between Delta and Jet Blue I would like to think people would have the time to pursue their passions. I would *LOVE* to think that we as a poeple if supplied with the proper tools to solve mundane problems such as this we would go on to figure out more daunting human problems like world hunger, violence against each other, spiritual development and the likes. From first hand experience though I know that when I am given down time from any sort of trivial decision making I don't spend it as often as I should in developing myself as a better person, I waste it with mass media over indulgances and spurts of cyclydic self destruction. Either way what matters is that I felt last night on another level the structure of world power and human influence on this planet that is tearing it apart. I tried just now and last ngiht to myself to put it into words, but it is incredibly hard. All in all it was a weird night, I found myself standing in the bathroom with a note book and pen some crackers and the water running in the tub at one point and had to force myself back into my bedroom before I undoubtedly ended up in the bathtub bugging out till dawn. I thought at more than one point that I was going to get stuck in a trip as a guy who did too much acid and now believes he is watching a baseball game for the rest of his life, tghat would have been a weird one. Ive heard of the guy who thinks he's a cup of water or somegthing like that, I guess that left a mark on me. Well as I stated earlier it's been a good start to what hopefully will be a good week, if all goes well I'll have a news job by next week, I'll have helped my mom with a decent amount of house work, and I will have partied like a mother fucker, living on dominos, beer, weed and acid for a few more days, I've been through worse....or is it better I can't tell anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home