Thursday, March 02, 2006

"Gymboree Day"

I spent the better part of today at Gymboree helping teach classes. I met Robert, Mandy and Christine and taught most of my classes with Robert except one with Mandy. I sat in on a Junction with Christine and Many for a little while also. I think I am starting to get a feeling for this, remembering alot of the songs, understanding protocol and lesson plans. It is definitely something I can see myself doing for at last the next year or two. It will definitely give me a good feeling of having to be in control of a class, follow a plan, and deal with children. It is also such a bright cheerful environment I think it will keep me in a happy mood. Asides from that though, today we got a decent amount of snow so my class was cancelled for tonight that I spent the better part of 4 hours reading for yesterday, oh well. I'm happy it gave me time to play around with Illustrator and Photoshop and make a cool background for my computer. I added sketching to my daily repertoire and ended up just doodling some Futurama and Family Guy, nothing special but it is a start to get myself back into the feeling of drawing on the regular. I had a pretty good small meal every 3 hours thing going today, I think I want to try and get my eating schedule back into a regular pattern. 5 small meals in between 9 AM and 9 PM every 3 hours, what I really want to do is figure out a certain type of meal for each time slot so I know what I will be eating in advance but it gets hard to figure that all out. Maybe I'll try after I'm done with this. I have been keeping pretty well with healthy foods, the occasional pretzels and blueberry cake but they aren’t horrible for me. It's hard with my mom buying all these junk foods and having them right in front of me, just need to concentrate on the self control a little more. Well tomorrow is another day of work, then I have this weekend to just relax, watch some movies, eat some pizza catch up on some sleep, but we'll see nothing ever seems to happen as planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home