"Kronos VS Zeus and his Titans"
…that is what we are celebrating tomorrow, not the birth of Christ. If you didn't already know Jesus Christ's birth date is not known to any living being, but it is believed to be sometime in the Spring. However in early Christianity the Greek's and other pagan societies prosecuted Christians for their beliefs. So in order to celebrate some sort of aspect of their religion they had to place it at the same time as a Greek festival to make it look like they were celebrating the same event. So instead of celebrating Christ's actual birthday they decided to place a celebration in December as to not draw as much attention to their festivities. It wasn’t actually till 138 AD that his birth was officially cited as December 25th and became celebrated as a solemn feast. By this time Christianity had grown much more powerful and could have placed the celebration at any time of the year. However their reasoning for December this time is even less respectful. They wanted to draw attention away from Pagan celebrations to try and convert their followers to Christianity. So while originally hiding by celebrating along with Pagans, now they are overshadowing the Pagan religions. Just a little tidbit I thought I'd throw out their. So tomorrow if anyone mentioned it being Christ's birthday you tell them that is an outright lie and that what we are celebrating in current times is commercialism and a jolly fat man in a red suit, not Christ’s birth.
P.S. I love Christmas, it's a time that everyone becomes more generous and thoughtful and I feel a connection with all mankind. However I don't see why people can't be like that all year round.
P.P.S I respect Jesus Christ and all of his teachings, I just believe Christians are the most ignorant self absorbed people on the planet and that there is no Abrahamic God.
P.P.P.S I love commercialism and presents.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home