"Completely Aware"
Someone told me today that I am incredibly intelligent and have a bright future and than asked if i realized that what she has said was true. I told her "Yes I am completely aware of my position in life". I think she was a little surprised to hear such an honest answer, like I was supposed to sound surprised that I have a bright future. I think it's awesome to take people by surprise and answer their questions honestly rather than politely. It completely throws off anything else that person had planned for their routine set of actions and thoughts they were about to go through. Normally when someone asks you something they almost always have a follow up question or have some sort of remark planned out. But then you throw a little curve ball into their plans by answering unexpectedly, it makes them think and actually have to adjust to the situation which you have now taken control of. It makes people commit entirely to the actual conversation at hand, and not the one they are having in their head. The one where they assume what your answer is going to be and prepare their response accordingly. A conversation like this is uneven, you can't just wait for the words to come out of the other person mouth just to get you turn to talk. You have to listen carefully and respond accordingly. The thing I hate is that I am the type of person who listens very well, but even when I make some grand gesture to the other person answering all the concerns they brought up just now they aren't paying enough attention to catch on and the second I'm done talking it's like I hadn’t said anything at all. Sometimes I wonder why I even try, but then I find those certain people who understand the meaning of a conversation and the true skills needed to have an intelligent and witty dialect and it reminds me; true conversations teach you so much about yourself and the other, when you are completely open and honest with what you have to say and completely focused on the other persons responses, and the other person does the same for you, it is one of the greatest experiences ever. So few people understand this though, and when in large groups it's even worse. I read a book called The Celestine Prophecy that theorized that you can feel energies between people and objects and plants etc. And one of the theories was that in a group if you are all alert enough you can sense through energy who amongst you has the most essential thing to say at the moment and automatically that person is given the chance to speak. I cannot think of any time recently that this has happened for me, because all of my friends at the current moment are brain dead. It is very depressing, and don't get me wrong, they’re not dumb people and I love them all, but they're very worldly people focused on petty problems who don't really have anything insightful to add to conversation. A couple years ago when me and my older crew of friends were experimenting with different ways to chemically alter our minds, it seemed as if we had achieved this state of consciousness where we could feel the energies around us flowing. Now a lot of people may say it was just the drugs, but unless you’ve been in this position where a huge group of people are on the same level feeling the same way you don’t understand. We truly set ourselves apart from everyone around us and completely changed all of our perspectives of the world. But now I am stuck, no longer with those friends but still trying to lead the same spiritual, intelligent life, with no one to share the journey with. I guess everyone has their own path, I am on mine and this is where it has taken me.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home