Monday, February 27, 2006

"Weekend"

What an amazing weekend. Saturday morning I woke up around 7:30 and headed out to the city for the first annual New York Comic Con, and it was a blast. So many people showed up that at one point city officials had to limit entrance to the main floor. Alot of people got pissed off because if they went outside for a smoke or something they were not allowed back in or if they showed up later they had to wait hours to get in. I however showed up early got in and didn’t leave for anything. I didn’t mind the huge crown and being squashed into people I looked at it as exciting and overwhelming that so many people would come to this event. My friend showed up late and almost didn’t get in because tickets sold out, so when he called me and told me this I was a little upset but he said he would find a way in. I had no doubt and all of a sudden 20 minutes later he had snuck in and passed all the guards and ticket checkers. It was incredible. So we spent 5 hours getting autographs meeting people and buying comics, anime, movies, figures and all sorts of cool things. We also got to go to a Q&A with Mile Jovovich, see previews for some new Comedy Central and Spike shows and I got to sit in on a Cup o' Joe panel which I like to compare to the equivalent of seeing one of your favorite bands live. I also saw Kevin Smith walk by as I was waiting on line for Mila and I yelled over to him "Hey Kevin how's it going?" and he looked back and said "Hey pretty good" I was happy about that because I didn’t show up early enough to get an extra ticket for his panel so at least I got to see him and say hi. So overall Saturday was just amazing. Then Sunday I spent all day at the movies seeing Final Destination 3 and Match Point. FD3 had some cool deaths but nowhere near as insane as the second one, and the characters weren’t explored as well, but it was still worth seeing. Match Point I didn’t know what it was going to be about, all I knew was Woody Allen and Scarlette Johanson so I wanted to check it out. It was an amazing British style drama love story with a sick and twisted ending. I loved it. So this weekend was just a blast. I spent alot of money but it was all worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home