"Asi Asi"
So it's January 23rd, the day before my birthday, which as I said earlier this month is when I want my New Years Resolutions to come into full fruition. So I've decided to take an assessment of how I am doing on each of the vows I made
1) Drinking responsibly has more or less been happening, asides from one night that I drank almost an entire liter of Vodka, I remember the entire night but I did do some stupid stuff. The next morning was also one of the worst in my entire life, very hung over. But I think it may have been what I needed to give me that one last push to stop drinking. So now I'm taking a note out of AA meetings and instead of saying "I'm going to stop drinking forever" or "I'm going to stop drinking for a month" I wake up every morning and affirm to myself "I am not going to drink today" I also use this affirmation every morning for a few other things I am trying to rid myself of.
2) School is starting tomorrow so we will see if I can take it seriously and get good grades
3) So as for being more creative I have decided that it is very hard to find time to write draw and make films while attending school and working full time. It doesn’t mean I'm not going to do these things it just means I have changed my process around. Instead of trying to incorporate all of these things into my life at one time what I am going to do is spend the next 4 months on one of them, most likely writing, then the middle four months of the year will go to drawing and the last 4 months to film. What I hope is that once the first four months of writing is over it will have become sketched into my daily routine to the point where it is instinctual and I still write even in the last 8 months of the year.
4) As for learning Archery, Philosophy and Spanish I am going to do the same as above. Most likely Philosophy first, Archery in the summer, then Spanish next semester.
5) So true respect for others, high spirits in the face of adversity and not questioning authority. Much harder than I thought it would be, I am inquisitive by nature, so not questioning authority is the hardest one. But changing a routine is much easier than changing a deeply embedded subconscious thought pattern, so I am hopeful still that I can achieve my goals throughout the year.
6) Becoming less dependant on sleep is also tough for me, because I love sleep. I have still been in taking a lot of Ginseng but I haven’t tried any other natural energy boosters yet. I have been drinking coffee and energy drinks also, but they aren’t quite good for you, so I want to cut those out of my diet. As for exercise I have been slacking terribly and now with my new job I really don’t know if I am going to have time, but I will have to try.
7) Limiting my desires on girls, possessions and recognition has gone decently well. I have been hooking up with this one girl on occasion, but the positive thing is I haven’t had any real feelings about it past the moment that it is happening. So I am avoiding my usual desire for a relationship. Next will be avoiding the desire for sexual activity all together, at least for a while until it doesn’t interfere with my personal and spiritual growth. Possessions, I think I am limiting myself decently, at least to larger things that would benefit my life in some way, instead of just buying any stupid thing I see. As for recognition I think I have been doing pretty well to not ask for anyone’s attention towards my achievements, I can always do better though.
8) My spiritual development has been going somewhat smoothly, I have gotten back into Zen and have seen a very dramatic increase in my calmness and joyfulness. I have tried to take some spirit journeys but need more preparation and botanical cooperation, as for learning about more religions, that was more of a filler answer at the time, I don't think I need to learn about more religion, I know about almost all of the main ones, I need to create my own religion (aka path for myself) which is what I have been doing for years.
9) As for keeping healthy I have been doing very well, I have been creating my own meals from scratch, eating a lot of vegetables and have become a vegetarian recently which isn’t actually for the health benefits but more for my animal rights ideology. However it has gotten me more careful of what I eat and thoughtful of what is good for me. I have also been taking vitamins and ginseng every day and trying to do breathing exercises as often as possible.
10) Entertainment, I have been watching a lot of movies, I read an old book for the second time in less than three days, I have to grab a new one soon, and I have been reading back issues of Green Arrow, slowly but surely. I should speed it up a little so I can get other series' done as well.
Over all I am happy with my development this new year, it has gone so so, with some good some bad, which is exactly how I expected it to be. However I have another 11 months to make things happen.







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home